Gould Academy’s Sanborn Family Library is located in Hanscom Hall and marries 180 years of academic tradition with the 21st century to create a state of the art resource focused on collaboration, research, and creativity. The diversity of space encourages and supports students in acquiring patterns of lifelong learning in this complex media-rich age.
Collaboration is at the core of library work and the robust wireless access makes any study carrel, comfortable chair, or table for two an extended classroom. Students can also reserve conference rooms with Apple TVs and high-resolution projectors.
During evening study hall, the peer staffed Writing Center, Math Center, and World Language Center are centered downstairs in the IDEAS Center and adjacent student cafe.
We offer an extensive collection of fiction and nonfiction titles, DVDs, e-readers, audiobooks, periodicals, newspapers, electronic databases, and student subscriptions to NoodleTools, Voicethreads, and Turnitin. Proudly, we partner with MARVEL, Maine’s unique virtual library, and provide access to thousands of magazines, newspapers, and databases beyond our own.
Library orientation and material use are coordinated between the librarian and teachers through a variety of classes and projects.
When you visit campus, we hope you stop by to check out recent best-sellers, hunt down information, or just relax with a magazine or newspaper.
Library Resources for Students
Questions? Visit the library during regular operating hours, email Ms. Shifrin
to talk about your project and determine the best research path, or get help integrating research.
Card Catalog – Helps you locate resources housed within the Sanborn Family Library.
– more than a thousand academic journals and over a million images, letters and primary sources
Library of Congress
– the largest library in the world, with millions of books, recordings, photographs, maps and manuscripts in its collections
– Maine’s Virtual Library: magazines, newspapers, reference books and more
Production and Submission Links
– connects you to your courses, faculty, assignments, etc.
– generate citations in MLA, APA & Chicago formats for your bibliography. Also includes tools to assess, organize, and format sources.
– paper submission, originality check